Photo of Brian Zepp
Brian Zepp 

with Brian Zepp of the KQRS Morning Show.

Bialke Law


Photo of Brian Zepp
Brian Zepp 

with Brian Zepp of the KQRS Morning Show.

Experienced Aggressive Representation

Do You Have The Right Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant For You?

Qualified rehabilitation consultants (or QRCs) are independent service providers who interact with injured workers who are receiving workers’ compensation benefits. Though a QRC may be friendly and well-intentioned, it is crucial to understand who he or she is working for. If the QRC is paid by your employer’s insurance company, he or she is not there to work for your best interest; ultimately, he or she is there to help the insurance company keep its costs down.

Under the law, you have the right to get QRC of your own choosing, but it is a time-sensitive issue with certain limitations. If you or a loved one was hurt at work, you may have been contacted already by a QRC who wants to visit you, discuss your injury with you and accompany you to medical appointments. This typically happens to workers who have work restrictions 60 days after an injury has occurred. If a QRC has contacted you regarding “vocational rehabilitation,” it may be time to seek the advice of a workers’ compensation lawyer.

Ensure Your Medical Professionals Have Your Best Interests In Mind

I am Coon Rapids workers’ compensation attorney David M. Bialke. I represent injured workers in Anoka County, throughout the Twin Cities and in northern Minnesota, helping them obtain and keep the benefits to which they are entitled. I can assist you if:

  • You believe your workers’ comp claim is going well, but it may be best to get your own QRC rather than letting your insurance company pick your QRC. Under the law, you have the right to a QRC of your own choosing.
  • You are dealing with a denied medical bill, or if an adjuster has said no to procedure or treatment recommended by your doctor.
  • You were denied wage loss benefits or threatened with discontinuance of wage loss.

If you are concerned about the involvement of a qualified rehabilitation consultant in your case, it is imperative to talk to an attorney in order to protect your rights.

Contact Me For A Free Workers’ Comp Consultation

I can answer your questions about qualified rehabilitation consultants and other workers’ comp issues. Contact my office for a free consultation about your case. You can reach me by phone at 763-571-2410.

Practice Areas

Workers' Compensation

Construction Injuries

Nurse And Nurse Aides

Independent Medical Examination (IME)

Denied Medical Bills And Denied Wage Loss Benefits

What About Qualified Rehabilitation Consultants (QRCs)?

Knee Injuries

Neck And Back Injuries

Shoulder Injuries

Repetitive Motion Injuries

Underreporting Work Accidents

Do I Have A Workers' Comp Claim?

Minnesota Workers' Compensation Information