Menu Contact
Law office ofDavid M. Bialke
As Heard On 92 KQRS
Click to hear what Bob Sansevere of the KQ Morning Show has to say about working with David Bialke.

Minnesota workers can be covered for injuries aggravated at work

Dealing with a work-related injury can be a scary and frustrating experience. Not only do employees have to deal with the physical pain of being injured on the job, but they also have to worry about what it will mean for their job. Without the ability to work, a person might fear financial instability taking hold.

Fortunately, Minnesota law provides some reassurance for injured workers. Employers are generally required to carry a workers' compensation insurance policy, which can provide financial support for those injured in the normal course of work. Of course, it may be natural to wonder: What types of injuries are covered by state law?

According to the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, coverage for workplace injuries is more inclusive than just injuries caused by an on-the-job accident. In addition to medical concerns that arise as a result of employment activities, workers can be covered for injuries that are "aggravated or accelerated" while at work. Knowing this, employees might be able to breathe a little easier knowing that several kinds of injuries are covered under state law.

A person could be forced to deal with the pain of a pre-existing injury as the result of a particular job's physical demands. For example, a person could have received treatment for an injury before starting a particular job. Through the course of employment, however, the injury that was once stabilized could become an issue again. If this is the case, a person could receive workers’ compensation benefits, since this is an aggravated injury.

Even though the law provides protection to injured employees, workers' compensation claims can still be unfairly denied. Dealing with a denied claim and the complexities of workers' compensation law can make this a difficult problem to handle without the sound advice.

Source: Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, "Workers' compensation -- Claim process," accessed March 25, 2014

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
contact david

Let Me Know How I Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Law Office of David M. Bialke
7260 University Avenue NE
Suite 160
Fridley, MN 55432

Phone: 763-571-2410
Fax: 763-571-2549
Fridley Law Office Map